Wednesday 19 February 2020

Finished!

 After several minor mishaps, I declare this book finished. Although I might still go back and change one thing that isn't quite right! Every second page has an quote featuring the word beetle printed onto heavy duty tracing type paper that is bound into the book itself. This can be folded back to reveal the whole of the printed page underneath the quote.
 This is a double page spread that has no quote, and here you can see the slip knot binding that I have used.
                                             Another double page spread with a quote page.
 I've actually used a very small commercial beetle stamp here as well as my own stamps, as I don't      think that I could carve the little legs quite this small.
                                              Another spread with the quote flipped over.
                             This is the front of the book with the 5 hole binding showing.
                I tried to have each facing page in similar colours but to show different beetles .
           The rectangular and oval shapes were made with small shaped gelatine plates.
Where I had carved stamps with spaces in the rubber, as in the beetle on the left and the lower one on the right, I painted in the colours with iridescent paint.

No comments: