Sunday 17 February 2019

Textile Again.

Taking a break from printing, I have just finished this beetle piece shown above.  A group that I belong to decided on the theme of Bugs for the year, and as it's still summer, the colours yellow, orange and red were required to be part of the finished piece. The original theme was to be comical bugs, but my mind doesn't work that way, and so I worked a realistic beetle instead. I wasn't the only one, as at least one other person also made a realistic textile version of the challenge, hers was of a Harlequin Bug with it's red and black colouration. The colours of my hand dyed cotton in the background are much brighter than shown in the photo. I used my own hand carved stamps for the beetle image and the leaves which I then stamped onto the cloth and stitched over on the sewing machine. The colour for the next one is to be a turquoise blue, with one piece of a different colour each month to follow.

No comments: