Sunday 24 February 2019

12 days of Christmas!

Well, it's a long time until next Christmas, however another group that I belong to have decided to work a new piece each month, to the theme of the 12 Days of Christmas.
A couple of us wanted to use the Australian version of the carol, and I also decided to work backwards from 12 to 1. There are at least 5 different versions of the Australian carol, so I was free to pick and choose the animals that appealed to me most.
This  photo is of 12 Frilled Neck lizards running, on a background of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in the Northern Territory.
I hand carved a stamp of the lizard, scanned a copy into the computer and made it into various sizes to fit the A5 size paper.
I used my own photo taken from a light plane while flying over the Ranges.

No comments: