Monday 7 January 2019

Batch of Butterflies.

 I needed four copies of this collagraph plate that were more or less identical. Anyone who is a print maker would know that it's sometimes a bit difficult to achieve this, especially with collagraphs. There are so many variables, the rubbing off of the ink, the quantity originally applied, the number of times a cardboard plate has been used and so on. Then, in this case the adding of the antennae after the print was dry.  Ooops, one antennae on the top left butterfly is much too long, a slip of the pen unfortunately. I'll try to scratch the top quarter of it off the paper and hope for the best.
The vegetation was made with a rubber (SoftCut) stamp that I made a few months ago. Perhaps I can have some more leaves coming down from the top to disguise where I've removed the offending antennae. Watch this space!

No comments: