Sunday, 18 March 2018

Adding Colour.

 I've set myself a bit of a challenge, to add colour to the Bottlebrush flower before I print the leaves. It's easy to add the colour after the main branch, but to add it before requires  very good registration, which I haven't mastered as yet. Here above are the 3 splashes of colour in the correct orientation, carved in "SoftCut' and mounted on cardboard.
I stamped the red colour first and then tried to line up the lino exactly over the red. Not so easy I discovered. Here it's too far to the right, but how to line it up correctly I'm not quite sure. I'm still proofing with stamp ink, hence the patchy image. Until I get it all sorted, there is no point in setting up with printing ink and a press.

No comments: