Sunday 21 January 2018

Printing the Collograph.

 Having waited for a few days for the shellac to be properly dry, I grabbed a couple of spare hours this morning to try out a few prints. Here's' the plate inked up and rubbed back ready to go.
 I was just using odd bits of printing paper, which isn't ideal, as each type prints the plate differently.
The one above has lovely details in the right hand large tree trunk, but it's mostly a bit too pale.
                    This I think is too dark, but again, there are bits that I'm happy with.
 The trees on the left smudged a bit unfortunately, otherwise I rather like the contrast in this version.
Another one that is a bit too light.  I plan on adding water colours to some of the details in the prints, so it will be interesting to see which ones look best with added colour.

No comments: