Monday 30 October 2017

Back to the Textiles.

 With only a day to go before the end of the month I thought that I had better get on with my flower for the month of October. I spotted a pink and white rose in a garden nearby and thought that it would fit in with all the other flowers that I've done so far. I found a pink and white silk scarf that I had dyed many years ago and never liked, so decided that as the pink was about the right shade I'd cut it up for the petals of the rose.
 Although you probably can't see it in the photo, I've stitched leaf shapes on the background using the automatic patterns in my ancient Pfaff sewing machine. The machine is decades old, but is my trusty day by day work horse. With all the petals fused into place and the edges of them stitched, together with the outline I started to sew the central area.
With the stamens done it only remains to be backed and edged in satin stitch to be pronounced finished.

No comments: