Tuesday 22 August 2017

Assorted Metalware.

This is my collection of brass and copper utensils, two teapots, two small pots, a jug and a vase.
The copper teapot on the left top I've had for decades, with the most recent purchase being the small pot at the front right that I bought to boil up with eco dyeing to use as a copper mordant.
These are the ones that I want to make some art with, stamps, screen prints Thermofax prints, not sure yet which technique I'll end up using. I'll start with a stamp of the tall elegant jug first I think and go from there.

 The difficulty is to decide which areas are to be coloured and which blank in the final print. This is only 13 cm high, so it's a bit difficult to carve out the centre and to leave room for the inscribed decorations on the jug.
    I'll leave it at this for the moment, as I can always go back and carve out the inside later.
My work book drawings of some of the items with the jug stamp. Perhaps I would be better to enlarge the scale of the stamps to allow for the fine decorations on them all.

No comments: