Thursday 13 July 2017

Waste not Want not.

 With a number of old unsold framed artworks sitting  in a cupboard for years, I decided to reuse one of them for this new piece. The colour of the frame is almost right as is the matboard surround. Here above I've used the over dyed piece of silk with the marks of the original unsuccessful dyeing showing to good advantage. I may decide to print the water patterns on silk too at a later date.
                                              Hmmmm, maybe too many water patterns.
I've used another piece of dyed silk here and have patterned it with the  water pattern stamps that I carved a few days ago.  I didn't want the patterning to be too obvious, but it's actually too subtle here and almost invisible. I need to try another colour rather then the Teal that I used here.

No comments: