Thursday 6 July 2017

Moving Along............a Bit.

 Since I couldn't work out quite where I was heading, and I knew that I wanted to use the cracked mud stamp that I had so laboriously carved, I printed on both of the pieces of fabrics that I'm considering using. Here I'm starting to print on the large piece of previous rusted and dyed cotton.
      It's a bit hard to see in this photo, but the entire surface is now covered in 'cracked mud'.
 I did decide to go ahead and stamp the silk, even though it didn't appear to be quite right initially.
           Some of the fabric printed panels against the stamped silk. Definitely a possibility.
I've folded the strips of printed fabric into narrower pieces, and I think that although the pattern is diminished, it might be better with the smaller scale of the silk.

No comments: