Tuesday 11 July 2017

More Dye.

 This is the re-dyeing of yesterday's silk pieces with proper silk dyes. The one above wasn't dark enough originally, so I hope this dries a good strong colour. It looks quite interesting with the previous marks still showing. It's still wet here and pinned out onto a frame for painting.
 This time I used diluted fabric paint in a couple of different browns. I'm not sure why it went into streaks as it has, but I'm quite happy with the results, particularly as I'll only be using bits of the whole piece of silk.
Here I've over dyed the brown marked silk with blue silk dyes. It looks a bit like a storm in the mountains to me. The white line coming down from the top is a thread of silk that got stuck to the fabric when it was painted with dye. It looks like a rather tame bolt of lightening!

No comments: