Thursday, 12 January 2017

Not so Successful.

 I wanted to make the last of the stamps in this series of native seed pods and so I chose Eucalyptus macrocarpus, which has an enormous seed capsule. I thought that this preliminary drawing on the carving rubber looked O.K, so I set to work.
 After a little bit of carving I realised that the capsules facing the viewer were a bit ambiguous and really didn't convey any dimensional quality.
 I had even run out of pieces of Perspex on which to mount it, so added it to the other side of another stamp just to test it out.
Not up to much as a print I don't think, but time is getting short so I might have to make do with it.

No comments: