Saturday, 23 July 2016

New Stamps.

 Rather than keeping on printing with leaf stamps that I was not happy with, I decided to carve a couple of new ones. However, it's the middle of winter here and no dandelion plants to be found, or so I thought. In the end I had to settle for these tiny miserable specimens from which to draw and later to carve the stamps.
 Here are 2 new little leaves, one on each side of the Perspex mount. I also took the time to cut a smaller butterfly for the current work, as the one that I used previously was too big. Here I've stamped many times over, each time trying to cut just the tiniest piece from the antennae, not an easy job on such a small piece of 'rubber'. I got there in the end and I'm happy with the new leaves and the new butterfly.

No comments: