Sunday 6 April 2014

Some knitting.

 You might remember that a little while ago I was given some yarn to make a scarf for someone in a group to which I belong. See here The yarns were in sealed bags and those that put in a bag of yarns took another one and undertook to make a scarf................no matter what the yarns were like! Well I ended up with 3 balls of very textural yarns, to which I added one more for a bit of contrast, allowed under the 'rules'. I took the knitting away with me to do without checking very carefully, only to discover that the circular needles that I had chosen were not quite large enough for the highly textural yarns.
 I pressed on anyway, with a cast on of 171 stitches! The colours in this detail photo are almost correct, while the colours in the photo above are a bit too blue. I think the scarf is wearable, though a bit too dense really.
I've almost finished this boy's size 6 jumper too, ready for the cooler weather, should we ever get any!

No comments: