Thursday 7 June 2012

A Garden Full of Citrus Trees!

                 The grapefruit are almost ready for picking, then we'll have juice and marmalade.
                                                             The lemons are almost ripe too.
 Lime marmalade under way, but unfortunately we didn't grow the limes, our tree succumb to some sort of gall wasp and I had to buy these limes from a market.
  The mandarins have a long way to go and unfortunately in our climate they don't seem to get very big.
                        The oranges are very unripe too, but they will make great juice in a few weeks.
              The tamarillos are doing well and with all the recent rain will be even juicier than ever.

4 comments:

Queens Tree Service said...

Your fruit garden is lookin' smooth. Congrats on growing such great crops! Have you ever tried growing pineapple? Its relatively easy

-Oscar Valencia
Tree Service Queens

mycamerandme365 said...

Hi, thanks for the comment and congrats. I think the great crops are due to the much better rains that Melb. has had recently. Sure beats the 10 year drought! No, I haven't tried pineapple, we're not so keen on it in this house. I thought I might try growing Babaco, but I just tried a taste of one yesterday and I was not impressed!
Cheers, Sue

dorothypandorasbox said...

Looks scrumptious. Apart from the tomatoes those wouldn't grow outdoors here I'm sure.... at least they wouldn't fruit.
I love marmalade too/
Dorothy

mycamerandme365 said...

Do you mean the tamarillos Dorothy?