Monday 2 April 2012

Artist Trading Cards from a Paper Serviette.

 A challenge for the Creative Group at the Embroiderers Guild, Artist Trading Cards on a leaf theme.
I painted a sheet of calico with a mixture of PVA glue and water, placed the paper serviette onto it and then painted over that with the dilute glue mixture.  I covered it with a piece of tissue paper and left it to dry thoroughly. Before cutting the cards out, I free motion embroidered all over the tissue, serviette and calico sheet. Then  with a backing of Pelmet Vilene stiffening, I cut all the cards out and satin stitched the edges with the same variegated thread that I had stitched the front of the cards. Some have better leaf designs on them than others, but they're all usable I reckon!

2 comments:

dorothypandorasbox said...

you had to go and beat me to it did't you? I have several nice ones lined up for the same purpose.
Yours are so nice though I may not bother :-)

mycamerandme365 said...

No reason not to do it as well Dorothy! For future reference though, more pattern and less white is the way to go I think. Sue