Sunday 8 April 2012

Another Challenge.


Some time ago a group of us from the Embroiderers Guild went to a workshop featuring the art of childrens' author and illustrator Bronwyn Bancroft. Of aboriginal descent, Bancroft writes delightful stories for young children, but it is her artwork that we had come to use as inspiration for work of our own. The book' Why I Love Australia' was to be our source book for the workshop, and we were all 'blown-away' by the wonderful multicoloured illustrations. Made up of dots and dashes, lines and circles, each page is illustrated in the colours of a particular land or seascape. Our challenge was to make our own collages using her work as inspiration, and then to translate part of the collage into textile pieces. Above is one of my pieces inspired by the book and below is the second one. I think that the I prefer the first one and will make my textile piece using it as a basis.

No comments: